Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Qualified attorney in private practice including business, family, criminal, and real estate issues.
7286322

My boyfriend and I broke up and we have a timeshare together

Customer Question

My boyfriend and I broke up and we have a timeshare together in Clermont, Florida called Summer Bay. I want to leave it to him because selling it will take a long time. What documents would I need legally to GET OFF MY NAME COMPLETELY from the timeshare and change it with Clerk of Court
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this. As with any real estate property, you would have to file a lawsuit asking for a PARTITION of the property. The Court will then order one of the parties to buy the other one out, or, order the timeshare sold and proceeds split.

You can find a sample pleading for this HERE.

However note that other pleadings/motion will be required to finalize the suit.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!