David L
David L, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney licensed in multiple jurisdictions.
11661736

How do I get out a timeshare can't afford and its with in 30

Customer Question

How do I get out a timeshare can't afford and its with in 30 days.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  David L replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thanks for asking your question. In which state is this timeshare that you purchased located?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tennessee
Expert:  David L replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the additional information. Tennessee law provides for up to a 15 day cancellation period, depending on whether you inspected the timeshare on site. Does your contract give you any termination rights beyond the standard 10-15 day period? Have you looked through the contract you signed to determine whether the cancellation period might be longer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it says 15 days then it had 30 got a letter today saying they can't let me out even though can't afford it.
Expert:  David L replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Thanks again for the response. Strictly speaking, the law would be fifteen days if you didn't purchase on site, unless the contract gives you a longer period. If the contract gives you 30 days to cancel, then you can exercise your right to cancel anytime before the 30 days expires. You would just have to give proper notice of cancellation. The way to give proper notice would be specified within your agreement, and you want to make sure you follow the notice requirements exactly as provided.