Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

Huge trees are surrounding my condo. I have been trying

Customer Question

huge trees are surrounding my condo. I have been trying for five years to have them trimmed. I have no lawn shrubs are dying. common charges are over three hundred dollars a month.my condo is being devalueated. what can I do?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If the association's trees are devaluing your property because of the associations failure to maintain the trees AND the bylaws of the association state they are liable for maintenance of the trees, then the association remains liable. If the association refuses to maintain the trees despite your repeated efforts, your sole remaining recourse and option here is to file a civil suit against them for nuisance and for causing a loss of value to your premises based on the diminished value of the property.