How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 9296
Experience:  Since 1983
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Lis pendens has been filed against me and my brother stating

Customer Question

lis pendens has been filed against me and my brother stating that we got property by means of fraud what form do i need to give answer to this action
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

Were you served with a summons and complaint?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
notice of intention to issue writ of possession is the header of one the other ones title is lis pendens the other one i got sayes ameneded complaint and i have to file a answer today im freaking out my grandma had the deeds made up and noterised over a year ago and me and her went and filed them a couple mounths ago cause she didnt want bank to take them and or her loose control of them with putting them in mine and my brothers name she knew no matter what she still had last say
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.

Was the amended complaint sworn to under penalty of perjury?

Does your brother have an attorney?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not as far as i know he hasnt got a lawyer yet either and no it says nothing perjury
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.

I see one upside down page of a pdf, not sure what it is.

Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.

If he had a lawyer you could ask for an extension of time to answer.

Since you need to file something immediately, you might want to file an answer based on this form.

If you can get an attorney, the attorney can file an amended answer. The most common affirmative defense is to allege that the complaint fails to state a claim upon which relief can be granted.

The rules are posted at

If you cannot afford an attorney please contact Legal Services, see


You can get a free consultation from some of the real estate attorneys listed by location here.

I hope this information is helpful.

Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.

The County law library will have legal form books including form answers. You will also need a proof of service form to file with the answer.