Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  16 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

I closed on a mobile home purchase yesterday. I signed the

Customer Question

I closed on a mobile home purchase yesterday. I signed the forms and gave my check for the full amt to their agent. I have a key. But I am being told (their agent to my agent) that only 3 of 4 brothers has signed the documents. They have sent them to him and it will be finished when he sends them back to his agent - who says he intends to sign, but she can not be sure when the docs will get here. I want to pull up the carpets and get to work on it but am confused about the legality of what they are doing, if they may be up to something, and if there is something I should be doing to protect my position.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

I need some more of the back story to figure out what is going on here... I assume that 4 people owned the mobile home, likely through inheriting it...

.

Did all 4 of them sign the sales contract agreeing to sell the property to you?

.

And you tendered the agreed on purchase price to the buyers at the closing?

.

Did the 4th brother just not sign the closing documents and the title?

.

.

thanks