WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

I paid my property taxes late I paid full amount to city

Customer Question

I paid my property taxes late I paid full amount to city including interest they gave me confirmation once they received my payment then I get a Marshall notice about delinquent taxes I give them proof that j paid call the city the next day I go online they add a fee take 433$ of my full payment give it to the Marshall for his fee and put my balance at 433.00 after they were paid in full
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.

Obviously this is a clerical error on the part of the government, and you should not have been charged the $433. You need to bring this to the attention of the county recorder, and they can correct the record. I do not know what location you are in at Connecticut, but I suggest you get the address off the tax bill and go there in person to speak to the person in charge with your proof of payment.

Good luck to you. If you need a lawyer after you have done this I can help you find one.

Please rate the answer 4 or 5 now and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.