P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  12+ yrs. of experience including real estate law.
11181181

My son and s gril friend signed a lease on an apartment in

Customer Question

My son and his gril friend signed a lease on an apartment in Sacramento, CA last Thursday. I am their co-signer. They took a walk trough of the apartment and found varius cosmetic and some dangerous issues to be fixed. The apartment representative was with them and assured them the issues would be addressed before we signed the lease. My son and girl friend took some boxes to the apartment Sunday to find that virtually nothing had been done.
Do we have any recorurse or ability for rfecision of the lease becasue we relied on their representation in signing the lease and they did not live up to their representations?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

Sorry...I am not sure I understand...you say

The apartment representative was with them and assured them the issues would be addressed before we signed the lease.

Did this happen...did you verify, BEFORE you signed the lease, that the issues were resolved? If not, why not?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I suppose we "trusted" them to live up to their word. It is a large complex with 500 apartments so we did not anticipate any underdealing.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

Can you tell me

1. approximate cost to repair this (if you have to yourself)
2. Have you approached the landlord to fix? If so response?