Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Qualified attorney in private practice including business, family, criminal, and real estate issues.
7286322

My dad passed away in 1989. In s will, he left our home

Customer Question

My dad passed away in 1989. In his will, he left our home place, in a life estate, to my stepmother, to pass to me at her death. She died last week. She used the property as rental property. What do I need to do to take possession of said property?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) please wait to rate until I ask you to do so. It may take a few replies for me to be able to render an complete answer. I will let you know when I do.

I am sorry to hear about your loss. Can you please tell me if probate was filed for his estate? How about her estate? Or, not?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.