Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Real Estate Law Mentor
26296561

In 2008 I purchased a 4 bedroom house. I submitted a letter

Customer Question

In 2008 I purchased a 4 bedroom house. I submitted a letter to sec 8 f o r reasonable accomadatios for my daughter, along with notorized letter asking for reasonable accommodations based on the fact she and two of her 3 children were disabled. With that I also submitted doctors statement, Deed to the house and her birth certificare. Seven years later it was discovered that we were related. My rent was cut off. I went in for a meeting and showed my papers and the rent was turned back on. Now an investigator turned me in to press charges against me beca u se he said that was under sec 8. I do not understand.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Have you been charged with a federal crime?

What is your legal question for me please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are trying to.

Thank you for your follow up.

Please provide clear information, so I can understand the situation related to your question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If quality assurance excepted my paper work can investigations bring charges against me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Thank you for your follow up.

Did you disclose that you were related to your daughter on the written application?

Did you make any misrepresentation or failed to disclose any information related to Section 8?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I submitted her birth certificate and a notorized letter that she was my daughter. They immjediately cut my rent check by on. But this investigator does not like me and filed charges against me.

So you have been formally charged with federal crime(s)?

Where and what charges were filed?

Did you disclose your tenant was your daughter from the beginning to the section 8?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did. I told you I submitted a notorized letter that she ws my daughter and asked for reasonable accomodations. I submitted the deed and HUD 1 statement, doctors statement that my daughter needed to be near some of her family members, and her birth certificate.

Where and what charges were filed?

What are you being accused of and what are the formal criminal charges and where were they filed?

Did your retain an experienced local criminal defense attorney to represent you in this case yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not yet. They sent the paper work to HUD. Can you refer me to one? But you have not answered my question.

Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, generally, if the Section 8 investigator has made a determination that some type of crime was committed, then the case can be forwarded to HUD and FBI for review and further investigation and then US Attorneys Office would make a decision whether to file federal fraud charges, even if the suspect was approved to receive proceeds from Section 8 prior to the investigation. Unfortunately, any federal felony charges can carry long prison sentences and extremely high fines upon conviction, as well as criminal restitution.

It is very important to consult and retain an experienced local criminal defense attorney right away and not to discuss the matter with anyone, without your local criminal defense attorney presence and advice.

You can find an experienced and skilled local criminal law attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information / referral websites:

www.lexmundi.com
www.martindale.com
www.lawyers.com
www.legalmatch.com
When, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to criminal law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters and also regularly practices before the court located in the jurisdiction where your matter will be heard.
I wish you the best of luck!

Thank you for your follow up.

www.lexmundi.com
www.martindale.com
www.lawyers.com
www.legalmatch.com
I wish you the best of luck!