P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  12+ yrs. of experience including real estate law.
11181181

This is from Illinois---can my HOA use my electricity to

Customer Question

this is from Illinois---can my HOA use my electricity to light a common area, I thought the had to up in their own metered line or pay me for the use.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

I want to make sure I understand...the HOA is using your electricity (your metered electricity) and you have no say over this?

And if so, is this something you have raised with the board? IF so what was their response?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they said they can use my electricity and that next year I can apply next year to be reimbursed, this is after they have used my power for over 2 years,by that time.(2-2017).
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Tell me, what do the bylaws say about this? Have you reviewed the association bylaws to see if the permit this?