Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

I had a purchase agreement to sale my commercial property,

Customer Question

I had a purchase agreement to sale my commercial property, the agent opened escrow, we signed purchase agreement with the join escrow instractions, agent told me that the buyer made a deposit for $100,000 according to our agreement, escrow send me the escrow instruction indicating deposit of $100,000. After inspection buyer suppose to put another $100,000 dollars, when I called to escrow to get the status of the second payment (it was 30 days after we signed a purchase agreement) escrow officer told me that: we did not open escrow for you because your buyer did not put any money yet. Can I sue escrow agent and real estate company
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you tonight.

You may well have a good civil claim against the agent and the company involved.You relied on their representations and actions.The agent may have error and omissions coverage that would cover such a claim.

Your lawyer would send a demand letter and see if they agree to pay you for your damages.You would also seek legal fees and costs.You appear to have good facts to support such a suit.You sue everybody here the agent and the escrow company.

There will be insurance to cover this matter.They may well settle with you off a demand letter form a lawyer.You obviously had real damages here and harm.

You can locate a lawyer here.

http://www.avvo.com/real-estate-lawyer.html

I hope you will seek some justice here.I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.