Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years professional experience
16823287

My landlord gave me a defective notice to vacate and is

Customer Question

Hi,My landlord gave me a defective notice to vacate and is retaliating because I complained about repairs. I would like to know if a Plea in Abatement would apply in this circumstance? And if so, where can I obtain the abatement? The eviction hearing is scheduled for 1 1/2 weeks from now.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that:

(A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here;

(B) When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time. Please wait until then to assign the rating; and

(C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours.

Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

1. What state are you locate in?