Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
17897874

Landlord won't fix anything in the home. He has only made

Customer Question

Landlord won't fix anything in the home. He has only made one repair in 8 years and this was a New water heater right before he listed it with realtor. I'm just asking for the black mold and water in basement to be fixed. I can live with all other problems. First he tries to raise my rent after we demanded these repairs be fixed immediately. Now he is saying home is sold and we have one month to be out. There is nothing showing the house is sold with the city or any real estate sold website's. Its an unlicensed rental but city won't do anything because he told them house has been sold. During the past 8 years we have made all repairs that we could or in emergency situations had to make. We are pretty sure he is just saying house is sold because he doesn't want to fix anything. There is much more to this including the fact that he had promised Us contract for deed and after we saved 10,000 he said he owed more than the house was worth but not to worry because he would take care of us. Any repair problems we've asked about he either ignores or says it's not his problem. I need lawyer but can't afford one since I have to move soon. Several of the lawyers I've called say there is conflict when I tell them landlord's name. I just want the mold and water gone!! This home is not up to code but city won't inspect because landlord says it's sold. Can't change my utilities out of my name because they have us listed as home owners and landlord won't respond to them. In the two weeks the house was listed landlord made us do all showings and we even had unauthorized lock box hidden on the property which resulted in a realtor entering the home with no notice.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a written lease currently in effect?