WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

I need to get a Mechanic's Lien removed so that a title

Customer Question

I need to get a Mechanic's Lien removed so that a title company will provide title insurance to my property. The lien was recorded in Nueces County, Texas in 2007. I can not locate the person who recorded the lien - phone numbers I have are disconnected and mail gets returned as undeliverable. The lienholder has been paid in full, and I have documentation. Can I have the lien removed without filing a lawsuit, and if not, can I file suit in a Justice Court or does it have to be filed in a County Court?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.

under Texas law the person who plays Celine has to remove it voluntarily or else you would have to file a lawsuitI'm a lawsuit in this case would have to be in county court where the property is located

Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.

Under Texas law the person who aced the line would have to volunteer to remove it. Otherwise you would have to file suit in County Court and submit documents showing paid in full.

Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.

Should read placed the lien.