Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  16 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

When buying a foreclosed home are you allowed to see the

Customer Question

When buying a foreclosed home are you allowed to see the original purchase price and mortgage of the home?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

The information about the purchase price and original mortgage will be in the public records that were filed in the local land records office where deeds are filed in the county where the property is located. So if you were to contact the local county clerk's office or Registrar of Deeds, you can get a copy of the original deed and mortgage so you can have that information.

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can You show me how to put liens on the property
I bought the house in Contruction is not finish I deposit to the builder is $50.000 he will be finished on July 31 but now he not finish yet but I wants save the house and my money I don't want he sale for someone else so I want put the liens on that property sorry my English is not good I hope you understand what I'm talking what can I do if I want put the liens on that property what I do first can you tell me please thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can put the liens on that property by myself or I have go to the lawyers?
thanks
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Ok, if the builder is in breach of the contract that you entered into with them to finish the house, then you would first have to sue them in court for breach of contract and get a judgment against them. You can then record the judgment at the local land records office and it would automatically be a judgment lien on the property that would have to be paid off if the seller wanted to sell the house to someone else.

.

But you will have to sue them in court first and win before you can file a lien on the property. And you would likely need to hire an attorney to represent you in filing the lawsuit unless you are familiar with filing lawsuits yourself. You would need a real estate law attorney to help with filing the lawsuit.

.

.

thanks