ScottyMacESQ
ScottyMacESQ, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed General Practice Attorney, Texas
19487448

HOW CLOSE CAN A NEIGHOR BUILD CATTLE PENS TO YOUR HOUSE IN

Customer Question

HOW CLOSE CAN A NEIGHOR BUILD CATTLE PENS TO YOUR HOUSE IN TEXAS
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  ScottyMacESQ replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

There's not a specific distance (called a "setback") under Texas law that governs the distance that a cattle pen can be from a dwelling. So technically if your home is on the property line, your neighbor (under Texas law) could build right up to the property line, being inches from the dwelling. Now sometimes counties and subdivisions will have setback rules that govern boundaries, that dwellings have to be X feet from a boundary line, etc... and might speak to enclosures for livestock, but there's no set law in Texas that does so.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

I see that you have not responded in some time. Please note that this question is still open until you rate it. I believe that I have answered your question, but if you have any other questions, please let me know.If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** good luck to you!