Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

I need to know my rights I have lived in my mobile home

Customer Question

I need to know my rights I have lived in my mobile home for 24 years. In 2011 summer I was asked by property manager to take away the eye sore. I have done that with a huge debt. I was handed a notice of letter of being evicted. I pay my rent on time.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

So your lease expired on the park and they are not renewing and are seeking to evict you now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your reply.

If they are seeking to evict you because your lease expired and you did not renew the lease, they have a right to do so and you would have to remove your unit from the park. Even though you have always been on time with rent, if your lease expired they do not have to continue leasing the lot to you and can insist you leave I am afraid and if you do not leave or cannot renegotiate a new lease with them, they can go to court and sue for eviction even if you have been there 24 years. They cannot forcibly remove you without a court order, so they cannot block in your unit or lock your unit, they would have to file suit for eviction against you and take you to court to get a court order to remove you, but if your lease has expired and is not renewed they can legally do so.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are blaming my fiance for the eviction. They say they have proof to support the eviction but they won't tell me what proof they have.

Thank you for your reply.

What is the reason they are claiming?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They won't disclose it to me.

Thank you for your reply.

If your lease is expired though, they legally do not have to renew it and can force you out I am sorry to say.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for your help.

Thank you for your reply.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking the 5 stars above, as the experts are not employees of this site and get no credit for spending time with customers if customers do not leave positive feedback. Thank you.