LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.
15277592

Refinance a car loan to remove co signer. My new bank (lien

Customer Question

Refinance a car loan to remove co signer. My new bank (lien holder) needs a limited Power of Attorney from both me and my ex to change the last lien holder and to remove his name from the title. I sent him all proof that the account that he co signed is paid in full and satisfied along with limited power of attorney documents from my new bank. Problem is that he is refusing to sign the documents. How do I go about getting his name removed if the previous loan is closed?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good evening,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Was the vehicle granted to you in a divorce? If not then how did this situation come about?

Doug