How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 37459
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Refinance a car loan to remove co signer. My new bank (lien

Customer Question

Refinance a car loan to remove co signer. My new bank (lien holder) needs a limited Power of Attorney from both me and my ex to change the last lien holder and to remove his name from the title. I sent him all proof that the account that he co signed is paid in full and satisfied along with limited power of attorney documents from my new bank. Problem is that he is refusing to sign the documents. How do I go about getting his name removed if the previous loan is closed?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good evening,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Was the vehicle granted to you in a divorce? If not then how did this situation come about?


Related Real Estate Law Questions