ScottyMacESQ
ScottyMacESQ, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed General Practice Attorney, Texas
19487448

My parents, my wife and I own a property together. Currently

Customer Question

My parents, my wife and I own a property together. Currently we each own 25%. We will change the titling to avoid probate and to ensure the property passes to my wife and I upon the passing of the second of my parents. Please suggest a proper titling if the following is deficient.
***** ***** and ***** *****, a married couple as joint tenants with rights of survivorship(my parents) and ***** ***** and Tina Smith (my wife and I), a married couple as joint tenants with rights of survivorship - all as joint tenants with rights of survivorship
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  ScottyMacESQ replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

It's not necessarily deficient, but is wordy. You can take out the "married couple" designations, and have it say "***** *****, ***** *****, ***** *****, and Tina Smith, as joint tenants with right of survivorship" and have the same effect.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

I see that you have not responded in some time. Please note that this question is still open until you rate it. I believe that I have answered your question, but if you have any other questions, please let me know.If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** good luck to you!