Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

Ray, I have a similar prob as the last question posted.I

Customer Question

Hi Ray, I have a similar prob as the last question posted.I need to get out of paying maint. fees My unit is mortgage free but those fees keep going up. If they lied over and over during the sale, isn't that fraud? Of course nothing is written down.Can I get my money back in anyway? $31,500 is a lot to give away. Since 2008, I no longer have any money. It's in Las Vegas.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome back to JA. Ray here to help you again.

I could not find your prior question.I am assuming you are talking about unloading a timeshare.

You may want to contact the timeshare and see what the transfer fees are and whether they would just take a deed in lieu.Deed in lieu here returns it to them and ends your liability for any maintenance fees.It is possible that you can find someone to take it for say $1 and you pay transfer fees to get it to their name.But the next step is talking to the timeshare and seeing what your options are.Many times they will agree to a deed in lieu here and allow you to deed back.

You would have to file a civil suit to get your money back.You would have to prove up the fraud and seek damages , legal fees, and court costs.You might send demand letter from lawyer and then suit if not resolved.Time shares are a horrible investment.They rarely have value and as you state the maintenance fees are ever rising.

Your other options here are Ebay sale for minimum amount and you pay transfer fees or make buyer pay.Thats the least expensive means here.

Ebay

http://pages.ebay.com/realestate/timesharesellerguide.html

Legitimate reseller.

http://www.myresortnetwork.com/timeshare-resales/Incline-Village/Nevada/

I tried to give you the options here that you have available.if I missed something please follow up.Thanks again.