Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

I am located in New Jersey. My LLC has a tenant in a single

Customer Question

I am located in New Jersey. My LLC has a tenant in a single family home that has not paid the rent. They have been an ongoing problem. I notified them in May ago by regular and certified mail of the details of the amount of old rent owed and stated that if they paid $2300 a month which included the monthly rent of $1750 with the balance for arrears they could stay in the house. When that payment was too much for them to pay we agreed to $2,000 a month. This month I was paid $850 and am told they have no money. I am filing for eviction tomorrow. Is there anything I have to do before I file? I used to have rentals 20 years ago and did many evictions, but i am sure the laws have changed plus my memory of the process is faulty. I am putting a notice on their door tomorrow. How does it need to read? What else do I need to do? I have a security deposit of $1750. In total they owe $2700. I am hoping to avoid using a lawyer by filing in my name not the LLC.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

When was the last time you gave them a written notice to pay or vacate?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent a letter via regular mail in August.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not understand this process. I received an email from your site last night stating that I would receive an email when there was a response to my question. I have waited all morning. I went on this site and see that there was an answer this morning. How do I know when there will be a response to your question? Do I stay on this site or what?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I meant to ask, how will I know when there will be another response? Do I stay on this site? How long? Will you email me? When?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When will i have a response?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Remove any charges from my account. I will go elsewhere.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for the delay in my response. But as an independent attorney, I come and go on the site as my other work permits. I responded 2 minutes after you posted your question, and it was then it was 16 hours later when you responded to the information request I posted.

.

Unfortunately I was stuck in court all day and am just getting back to the site to check in.

.

If you are still needing help, I am happy to get you an answer, but there may be a delay in my responses because the attorneys here are real attorneys who have private practices so we are not' employees of JustAnswer and are on the site when other work permits.

.

I am usually online in the late afternoons and then evenings up until around midnight eastern time though.

.

.

thanks