Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Qualified attorney in private practice including business, family, criminal, and real estate issues.
7286322

I own some property with a house, my brother and mother and

Customer Question

i own some property with a house, my brother and mother and myself live in the house. a few years ago my mother wanted me to give my brother a life estate on the house to make sure he would always have somewhere to live after she dies. i did give him a life estate on 1/2 acre that included the house. 2 weeks ago he became very angry and violent and i had to call the police. Nobody went to jail but my mother and brother left that night and moved their stuff out the next day. Today i have received an eviction notice from my brother to vacate the house within 15 days. Can he evict me?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) please wait to rate until I ask you to do so. It may take a few replies for me to be able to render an complete answer. I will let you know when I do.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. First, can you please tell me what state this is in?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.