Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

My apt in miami beach is under my name HOMESTED EXCEPTION i

Customer Question

my apt in miami beach is under my name HOMESTED EXCEPTION i am married for 20 years.i would like to add my wife to the title.
Will the real estate tah in novenber will change and will be higher in MIAMI DADE county///
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

If you want to add wife to the title, you would need to contact a local real estate attorney or a title/closing company and have them prepare a quitclaim deed from you as the Grantor over to both you and wife as the Grantees. Once it is signed and notarized, it is then recorded at the local land records office and the transfer is complete.

.

Since this is an "interspousal transfer" this wouldn't affect any taxation of the property. But if the county is imposing a higher overall tax on all property and reassessing as a matter of their policy, then the taxes would go up along with everyone else's.

.

.

thanks