Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

I sold my house in March and buyers are now wanting money to

Customer Question

I sold my house in March and buyers are now wanting money to fix pond outside.
The pond was on the repair addendum. I had the leak fixed and it ws holding water when house was sold
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They had someone come out and now are asking for $4,000. Wanting to know if I would be responsible for this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The reapir addendum states, "make sure pond is running and holding water" which it was. Didn't hear anything for months later after my house was closed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you tonight.

I do not see that you have any liability to repair this.You repaired it at time of sale as required.This has been many months the buyer has to deal with it.There was no warranty beyond closing here once the repairs were completed.

You would respond to any claim by showing them the prior repairs and that you completed them prior to occupation. There is no warranty over time here.The buyer needs to file the pond, its there's and this has been to long to try and hold you liable for it.

I think you respond here and stand firm.Legally again after this as been so long I don't see you have liability.If they were to say sue in small claims I think you have a good defense here that you repaired it and it worked when you sold it.

Oregon does not have any warranty here for a used house when the pond was repaired as required at closing.You may choose to respond and see if they go away here.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Please let meknow if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Please let me know if you have more follow up.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

I will wend you an offer for additional online time.We are not set up for phone calls .

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

I will send you an offer for additional online time.We are not set up for phone calls .

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Thanks again.If you can positive rate it is sincerely appreciated.