Richard, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.
17027240

Can a condo be forclosed on by the association due special

Customer Question

Can a condo be forclosed on by the association for past due special assessment dues
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. Yes, the condo association can foreclose on a condo for unpaid assessments. This right is granted in Florida Civil Statute 718.116(6)(a) which provides as follows: "The association may bring an action in its name to foreclose a lien for assessments in the manner a mortgage of real property is foreclosed and may also bring an action to recover a money judgment for the unpaid assessments without waiving any claim of lien. The association is entitled to recover its reasonable attorney’s fees incurred in either a lien foreclosure action or an action to recover a money judgment for unpaid assessments."

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!