Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Qualified attorney in private practice including business, family, criminal, and real estate issues.
7286322

Eill money to Newton release me of all connections to my

Customer Question

eill money to Newton release me of all connections to my timeshare Timeshare Sea Villas paid in full. I owe maintenance for 2015 and oncoming 2016 It is a Florida unit
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.

Technically they could make a claim for maintenance but you should ask for a full release of all claims and then they cannot make you pay any more money.

Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.

Please rate the answer 4 or 5 and close out the question now. Thank you and good luck. I wish you all the best.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The jurisdiction of the lawsuit depends on where the parties and the timeshare is. If the timeshare is in Florida, then yes, the jurisdiction to bring suit is in Florida. However, there may be a way to move/file the case where you live or where the contract was signed. It all depends on the states/jurisdictions. So if you tell me a little more about you live, where the seller/company is, and where the timeshare is, I can perhaps offer a more detailed analysis.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith by rating me positively.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!