KimberlyLaw
KimberlyLaw, Attorney and Real Estate Broker
Experience:  13 years of experience in real estate law: Foreclosures, Landlord-Tenant, Condo/Coop, Property Law, Deeds, Purchases/Sales, Estates.
8989662

How can ahouse br sold if its declared unfit we bought this

Customer Question

how can ahouse br sold if its declared unfit for humanhabition we bought this home and wasent told anything about this next we no got letter from the health department to be out in five days of when bought this home then got another letter from health department
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  KimberlyLaw replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am happy to assist you today.

This is definitely not ok. You need to immediately contact all parties involved in this sale. The attorneys, the seller, the real estate broker, title insurance company, etc. It is illegal for them to sell you a house that is condemned.

You should also find out all of the notices from the health department for this property, including before you purchased it. I am assuming there will be other notices before you bought it, which is why they sold it. Get copies of all of those notices.

Then you have to demand that the sale be rescinded, because it is just completely unacceptable that this house was sold to you.

You should be able to get back all your money for the purchase, plus any other money you lost during this process.

Take care,

Kim

Hello again,

I see that this question still needs to be closed. Please close out the question with a 4 or 5 rating. If you don't, the system may keep your money and I won't get paid for my work with you.

Take care,

Kim

I need to close out this question. If you don't close the question (with a 4 or 5 rating), the system may keep your money and I won't get paid for my work with you.

This is my full time job, so I appreciate you taking care of this,

Kim