Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
17897874

I paid a large sum covenant on my neighbor's house. It's

Customer Question

I paid a large sum for a covenant on my neighbor's house. It's filed with the county. It's restricts him to parking cars in his garage rather than on his property. He died this summer and the estate has asked me to see if I can simplify/ make it less onerous to prospective buyers of the property. I am willing to do this.
All I want is that vehicles not in use be parked in the garage. Of course there needs to be exemptions for guests. Do you have a simple, non-intimidating way of writing this up?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

You can file an amendment to the covenant which exempts guests or, in the alternative, make the parking restriction applicable in the amended covenant to the owner of record and permanent residents of the property.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.