Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor, multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation & admin
18572087

I am preparing to deliver a 30 year old transfer deed, never

Customer Question

I am preparing to deliver for recording a 30 year old transfer deed, never recorded. I wrote my phone number under the lowest line, which indicates where to send future tax statements. It is 3/4 in. from the low margin. The recorder requirements on line are 1" top and bottom margins. Should I strike through it, overtype with white out correction tape or leave it alone and hope they accept it. Would white out render the doc inadmissible for recording. The initial doc from 30 years ago already had two type ot corrections, only visible when held to a light bulb.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

To be honest, leave it alone and see if it is accepted before you amend it. If they complaint, state that as it was drafted 30 years ago, the rules for formatting may have changed, but as most recording offices scan documents in at this point, this should no longer be a concern. So let it go as is first, and if not, then white out and add a letter of explanation pertaining to the amendments.

Sincerely,

Dimitry, Esq.