LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.
15277592

I'm trying to refinance my property. We're renting it to own

Customer Question

I'm trying to refinance my property. We're renting it to own to a family but now due to a warranty deed with a vendors line their name comes up as the owners. Now I have to fix it or they will not refinance it. What can I do. My intention was not to put it in their name until they paid it off if they pay it off someday. What advice can you give me to correct this matter?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. I will make that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread. All you need do is accept the offer if you would like me to call. Let me know if you don't want a call and I can continue here with an answer.

In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Are you saying that you gave them a warranty deed which was then filed?

2. Who is this vendor and did the vendor provide services to you or to your tenants?

Doug