RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
9540344

My home was placed up in May 2015 and the first person to

Customer Question

my home was placed up for sale in May 2015 and the first person to view my home wanted to buy it. they placed a deposit on hold so the house would not be shown to anyone else and the process was started to sell the home to this person. My realtor informed me the close of escrow was July 24th, and that I needed to be out of my home by this date or the new owner's could file suit against me as this really would be their home at this time. I had my son move all my home contents to Florida,where I was going to relocate to, found an apartment in town until I could establish employment in Florida, and placed my life belongings in storage. The buyers were not approved for the mortgage and now I am stuck with all these bills, plus I did not get the deposit the potential buyers placed on my home. this realtor destroyed my life. is there any action I can take against the realtor for making me move before the mortgage was approved for these buyers.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Did the contract state that financing was a condition to the sale? Was the buyer required at any time to provide you with a loan commitment, showing the lender would loan the money to them?