Richard, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.
17027240

We purchased a town house in Rock ll SC on 08/14/15 and had

Customer Question

we purchased a town house in Rock Hill SC on 08/14/15 and had $1500.00 set in escrow for unfinished work/repairs. We are having problems with the general contractor constantly telling us that he is waiting for a work order or "the job has not been scheduled yet. How should we proceed
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. I would send the contractor and realtor a letter by certified mail and let them know that if the work is not completed within a very short specified period of time, you will engage another contractor to do the job, demand that the money in the escrow be released to you, and file suit against the contractor if the repairs completed by the third party contractor exceed the $1500. Then, if the contractor does not timely complete the repairs as demanded, follow through with having another contractor complete the repairs.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!