Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

How does a quick deed work in Jefferson County, Louisville

Customer Question

How does a quick deed work in Jefferson County, Louisville Ky.?
Will it remove the name of a person that moved out of a house two years ago but still has his name on the deed?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

If a person who is on a deed ""quitclaim"" deeds over their interest to another person, then they legally transfer their interest over to the grantee of the quitclaim deed..

.

So yes, if someone moved out of a house and still has their name on the deed, then if they sign a quitclaim deed, that would transfer their interest over to whoever the grantee is.

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is a quick claim deed the same as a quick claim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry should have said quick claim same as quick deed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Yes, the actual legal term is "Quit Claim" but many people call it "Quick Claim". But regardless of what people call it, it is an actual deed that essentially says "whatever I own, be it 100% or 0%, I am transferring to the grantee".

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Barrister, thanks you for the help. One last question. Does the grantee have to agree to accept this?
Again Thanks
Cathy
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Yes, the grantor is the person transferring the property interest and the grantee is the person receiving it. In order for the transfer to be effective, the grantee must voluntarily accept the interest being transferred. You can't force someone to accept an interest in property if they don't want it..

.

.

thanks