Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

I have sold my Property ( house) and was quoted the

Customer Question

Dear Sir, I have sold my Property ( house) and was quoted the commission figure based on the Selling Price. The house sold for $24,000 less than than the stated figure on the agreement. The commission was 2.5% . I feel that I have been over charged $600 , as in the agreement I signed with the Real Estate Agency it states the quoted commission was based on the original selling price figure however, it was explained to me that if the property sold for less, then obviously the commission would be less. I have been charged commission for the original selling price.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What does the contract specifically state about commission? Does it state commission is based on the listing price or does it say it is based on the actual sale price?