Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor, multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation & admin
18572087

I rented a room in a home of an elderly woman. She told me

Customer Question

I rented a room in a home of an elderly woman. She told me there was one other tenant and 2 bathrooms, no pets. She did mention she lived out in the country and doesnt lock her doors. After she cashed my check and I was moving in , she mentioned her 2 sons were homeless and therefore slept on the couches. She originally had explained she covered couches in sheets as they were expensive. She also had a dog which she hid when I visited. There is only one bathroom. So there r 5 people using the bathrooms. She said there was a fridge in room for my use which was removed after I viewed it but before I moved in. She also keeps 3 loaded shot guns in her kitchen which she hoped would calm me down over the fact that she had rented these rooms to tens of people. Lastly I paid 400 for one month. Left after 18 hrs. She is cookoo. She ssid she put all my things outside in rain. I have till 6 pm to get them. Which is badically 24 hrs after i moved in. HELP. This is in OH.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your post. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

That sounds insane. How can I help, exactly, what is your question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She put my stuff out in the rain. Threatens to call police if I come get it. Eill not issue refund. I moved in and out in 24 hrs.

I understand the facts. But I do not see a question. What specifically can I answer for you? Are you asking if you can go get your things?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I think my tjings should habe remained untouched in this rented room for 30 days. Is this correct? Am I entitledto a tefund for fraud.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Things ha v e refund
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If u dont see a ?. Charge me my 5 dollars and cancel my membership.

Let me try to answer this from all points. However, if you no longer wish for me to answer, I would be happy to request a refund for you. Please advise.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
refund and cancel. If u dont understand the ? U should not be practicing law.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Refund and cancel

With all due respect we are not meeting face to face, and I am no mind reader to know exactly what you wish to know. That is why I asked because you had a lot of facts but no conclusion. While I have been professional to you, kindly do me the same courtesy. I have requested a refund on your behalf. Take care.