Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

8 years ago i owned a morgaged house. i loss my job and my

Customer Question

8 years ago i owned a morgaged house. i loss my job and my own brother took advantage of my situation. i unfortunaley sold him my house for one dollar and he said hed pay my morgage and i could remain living in the house until i got on my feet. however this did not happen, iwas not allowed to live there as promised. this underhandedness of my brother went to court wiyh a judge not a jury. my lawyer and i lost the case. the judge felt i was not under duress, and granted the sale to my brother satay. the morgage is still in my name, my brother continues to be delinqent on the morgage payments. do i have any recourse, please
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

I am truly sorry that you find yourself in this situation. If you have already gone to court to try to void the deed to your brother and lost the case, there is really no recourse for you at this point. You have to hope that he continues to pay the mortgage so that you don't get sued for it. Unfortunately, It will remain your mortgage until it is fully paid off.

I hope that this information is helpful and that you will enter a positive rating. That is the only way I will be compensated for assisting you. Bonuses are appreciated too. I will be happy to answer follow-up questions which relate to this one. Also, since we are not acting as your attorney be sure to confirm our information with a local attorney. Thanks for choosing JUST ANSWER.