RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
9540344

My landlord barges into my apartment, tells me she is

Customer Question

My landlord barges into my apartment , tells me she is showing it in 45 minutes, which is okay. I am always clean and tidy but I need to rearrange my furniture and house plants because she thinks it looks gothic and that is why renters are not taking the
apartment. I lease the end of September but she is harassing me. I have paid the September rent on the 1st, as always over the past 3 yrs but she is acting out now that I am leaving.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.

She can not force you to rearrange the furniture. You shared that the rental is clean and kept tidy, so her preference in how it is decorated, does not give her a right to say or do anything.