Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

I want to buy a used manufactured home in Las Vegas, NV. The

Customer Question

I want to buy a used manufactured home in Las Vegas, NV. The seller is an individual who inherit it form his aunt. It's supposed to have no lien on it. I looked at : http://mhd.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/mhdnvgov/Content/Resources/USEDHomeContract.pdf But I
need a shorter contract, since I assume this is for dealer purpose. Can you provide me with : a- A shorter, buy valid contract covering all aspect to protect me, like lien, ownership, deposit, etc. b- All the input or advises you can giver me on this manufactured
home purchase process in NV, so I have less surprise along the way ? Thanks, Guy
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Actually, the contract you have is the appropriate contract and there is no shorter contract to protect you from everything you need and want protection from in the sale. So while you may be thinking that shorter is better, in this instance it is not and you need to use the contract you already found and modify it for your needs.

Before you buy, you need to have it inspected by your own inspector, because the biggest dispute in these purchases is over hidden defects and if you buy without a proper inspection, you would be liable on those defects.

Also, you need to contact the NV DMV and give them the manufactured home serial number to make sure there are no lienholders on the title and make sure from the owner they actually have the title to the home they are selling you. If he inherited from his aunt, he needs to go through probate to get his name on the title, as he cannot transfer title if his aunt's name is ***** ***** the title unless you are buying from the estate and he is the administrator of the estate.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I paid for your last support Mr. unknown Law Educator and gave you a 4 stars because I wanted to be kind, but this time, I won't, since your kind of "educational purpose" safe big corporation legal advisor answers doesn't help a lot.I want to be transfered to another advisor, hopefully the same type I dealt with, before you start answering my questions.The basic thing a real lawyer should do is, at least, put his real name, so we can confirm he is Esp and know you're behind your answers.Guy

Thank you for your reply. Good luck and I will opt out and leave you to someone else to assist you and if you want local legal advice you would need to go hire a local attorney and pay their $200 per hour fees as we are here to help provide only general information and not legal advice if you read the terms of service of the site which clearly tell all customers that fact.

Please do us both a favor in your future posts, please specify you would prefer I not answer you so that I do not waste any further time with providing you any answers as I do not know who customers are when they post. It would save us both from wasting our time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Educator, I wish I would have been able to exclude you, but I didn't have this option, so we both lost our time. If you know how, just tell me, since time is money for all of us. Guy
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** I am another Attorney here on JustAnswwer. Were you still interested in finding an Nevada Agreement of Sale for a manufactured home ? Kindly let me know,

ANDREA

By the way, next time you post, please just type in the question, "Law Educator please do not reply," because I do not know who it is when a question is posted and believe me I do not like wasting my time or working with you at all, just as much as you evidently do not want to work with me. There are just some customer/expert combos that do not work out, no hard feelings, my other 100,000+ happy customers are fine with that too as it lets me answer them faster instead of wasting time with customers like you where we just do not seem to mesh. Best wishes, I see Andrea is working with you and you are in good hands with her.