LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.
15277592

I recived a Pre-Lien Notice because i was behind on my

Customer Question

I recived a Pre-Lien Notice because i was behind on my assessments. The principal amount of the delinquent assessment is only $540.00, but they added fee and penalties to increase the dollar amount so that they can start the forclosure process. Is this legal?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I've been a CA licensed attorney for more than 30 years.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. I will make that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread. All you need do is accept the offer if you would like me to call. Let me know if you don't want a call and I can continue here with an answer.

In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Is the pre-lien notice from an HOA, or a condo association?

2. What is the total outstanding amount due?

Thanks in advance,

Doug