socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate broker -- Retired (mostly)
10097515

I have a water drainage easement which is a total of 15'. My

Customer Question

Hi I have a water drainage easement which is a total of 15'. My neighbor has 7.5' on his side of the property and I have 7.5' on my side of the property. Currently there is a 4' chain link fence dividing the property lines which I have learned belongs to the neighbor. I would like to place a 6' pvc fence to replace the chain link fence. The town states they cannot approve a permit for the fence because it's a water drainage easement. I felt I was just upgrading the existing fence. Would it be possible to install a fence with spikes instead of using poured concrete for the post. Is it possible to fight the easement rules so I can maintain privacy for my property line?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.

Who owns the easement?