Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

I'm looking to buy a foreclosed home at auction but will

Customer Question

Hi, I'm looking to buy a foreclosed home at auction but will not be able to attend personally. I will have someone at the auction for me. If I'm the winning bidder on the home and purchase the home and will be the owner of the home how do I get my name
on the deed as owner at the auction if I'm not present at the auction? Thanks
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

If you have someone bidding there on your behalf, then they would just notify the sheriff or other official that the bidder is you, not them, and that they are acting as your agent. They would need a power of attorney to present to the official to show proof that they have the legal ability to bind you by bidding for you on your behalf.

.

The deed isn't issued that day, as it normally takes ten days or so for them to prepare it, so you can have the deed issued in any name that you want. They just care who is responsible for paying for it, not whose name the deed goes into.

.

As an aside, I have bought dozens of foreclosure properties over the years..

.

.

thanks