Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

I had a land contract in Arkansas end in 2013. The people

Customer Question

I had a land contract in Arkansas end in 2013. The people had to be removed via the sheriff. Im not able to find them to sign a quit deed. What is the next step to get my property back in my name.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you tonight.Since you still have legal title all you need to do is send a notice letter certified mail to the last know address.If this goes unclaimed then you keep the unclaimed letter as proof of notice in case it arises. This is all you are required to do under the law.

Again you retain legal title under such a contract for deed so all you need is proof you sent notice of default.

Here is notice letter you complete and send certified mail.If you have no forwarding address then address it to the property in their name here and keep it when it is returned unclaimed.

Form..

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uslf-previews/AR/AR-00470-16.pdf

You can preview this for free and make use of it.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

If you can leave a positive rating when we are done it is always sincerely appreciated.