WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

E just had our yearly board member vote. Unfortunately, it

Customer Question

e just had our yearly board member vote. Unfortunately, it is now operated by an individual and co-hearts, who desires to sell the land/property to a developer. I was told this individual made the announcement back in 2007, but I bought my condo in 2014. Now, we are concerned that in order to fulfill his dream we will have an increase in hoa dues plus a special assessment. this person has been purchasing short sale and now has a 20% ownership. my question is there anything we can do to stop him from selling to a developer? or would we be bought out pennies on the dollar as some are telling me.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.

You can file a lawsuit to get an injunction against his doing anything that would hurt your property interests and your right to live there. No judge would require you to sell out for pennies on the dollar, just to satisfy him.

So please rate the answer 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.