J. Warren
J. Warren, Lawyer
Experience:  Experience in residential real estate and commercial leases.
64316804

Citimortgage foreclosed on my home while I was refinancing

Customer Question

Citimortgage foreclosed on my home while I was refinancing it. I have documentation from The Foreclosure Review Board that the whole process of taking my home was done improperly. At this point I just want the foreclosure off my credit profile. Lexington Law is repairing my credit but this is beyond the scope of our contract.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  J. Warren replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I look forward to providing you information. Please note:

(1) this is general information and is not legal advice. I never propose a specific course of action. There is no attorney-client relationship or privilege that is formed when communicating to an expert on this site. The site repeats this disclaimer numerous times. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and

(2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.

I am very sorry you are dealing with this situation. Unfortunately, you will need to retain a local attorney to initiate a lawsuit against Citimortgage to forcibly require the removal of the foreclosure and potentially pay you damages for the wrongful foreclosure. Even if Citimortgage illegally foreclosed on the property and have an obligation to remove any negative information from the credit bureaus and may owe you compensation for doing so, a local attorney will be needed to enforce these rights of the consumer. It is very unlikely that the bank will voluntarily rectify the situation.

Here is a link to the Texas Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service to assist you in finding a local attorney to retain: www.texasbar.com/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Lawyer_Referral_Service_LRIS_

Thank you for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (3 stars or more). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

All my best & encouragement.

Kindly remember the only way experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on ok, good or excellent service even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. You must complete the rating for the expert to receive any credit. If, for any reason you feel that a 2 or 1 rating is appropriate, please first give me the opportunity to address your concerns.

All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you.