How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 115449
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in a lama coop that is associated with the HPD the

Customer Question

i live in a mitchell lama coop that is associated with the HPD the housing and perservation & developement......i have a complaint with the board that runs the coop such that i might sew them....but ii would like to settle beforhand....what form would
i use of a city agency to state my complaint?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You can file a complaint for any Mitchell Lama issues with the Department of Homes and Community Renewal ( and if they cannot resolve your complaint you have to file suit against the co-op to address your complaints I am afraid. These claims typically come under Article 78 proceedings, which you can read about at: and also:

You would need to file an appeal to the Co-op board and they have to deny your claim and then you have 4 months from when they deny your claim to file your petition for review of the denial under Article 78. If you miss that deadline by even one day, your claim would be denied.

Related Real Estate Law Questions