Seattle Scott
Seattle Scott, Lawyer
Experience:  I have 25 years experience as a Washington State Real Estate Attorney
34978818

I own a TRailer Park but not the homes~they rent the lots~

Customer Question

I own a TRailer Park but not the homes~they rent the lots~ one trailer had a fire and is completely destroyed~ how long do they have to clean out the lot of the debris,etc?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard. I suggest that is up to the lot owner. And that you will want to consider contacting the insurance company to find out what their time frame is - in other words what are they looking at as far as hiring the agency for clean up and give the insurance company your time frame and see if you can come to an understanding as to when the lot will be cleared.

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did not read the question so did not answer correctly I AM the owner of the lot/park so how much time should I allow the trailer owner who has no insurance
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the clarification. I suggest 45 days should be plenty of time for the insurance company to finish an investigation and have your lot cleared.

Expert:  Samuel-II replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for any confusion. Thanks for your patience. IF there is no insurance coverage, I suggest 45 days is reasonable.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you obviously do not read~ NO INSURANCE
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 1 year ago.

I did read and was giving both options. Please review my comments - IF NO INSURANCE 45 days is reasonable.

Expert:  Samuel-II replied 1 year ago.

45 days if generally the norm for these type of matters. I apologize for any confusion.

Expert:  Seattle Scott replied 1 year ago.

Give the tenant a 10 day notice, or whatever notice you would give when a tenant violates the rules of the mobile home park in terms of upkeep of their unit. Then proceed with an eviction. My guess is that the tenant is not going to, and is unable to, remove the burned out hulk and will default on rent and you will be disposing of the hulk at your expense and then suing the former tenant for the cost of disposal.