Seattle Scott
Seattle Scott, Lawyer
Experience:  I have 25 years experience as a Washington State Real Estate Attorney
34978818

WHEN WE MOVED INTO OUR HOUSE 27 YEARS AGO OUR NEIGHBOR

Customer Question

WHEN WE MOVED INTO OUR HOUSE 27 YEARS AGO OUR NEIGHBOR APPROACHED US AND STATED THAT ONE OF THE THREE PARKING SSPACES ON THE SIDE OF HOUSE WAS HIS, BUT HE DIDNT USE IT SO WE WERE WELCOME TO. WE ARE NOW MOVING AND FIND OUT BY SURVEY ONE AND A HALF SPACES ARE HIS. DO WE HAVE A MAJOR PROBLEM AS WE ADVERTISED 2 PARKING SPACES?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Seattle Scott replied 1 year ago.

I can't tell if you are going to rent the house out or sell it, but either way, so long as you correct the mistaken fact about the number of parking spaces for your house before you enter into a rental agreement or sale agreement, there is no problem with the misrepresentation. You would also offer your neighbor to rent you a half parking spot or more.