How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 116252
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there a way to approach the City Council of, TX in order

Customer Question

is there a way to approach the City Council of Richardson, TX in order to get them to install Speed Bumps, Speed Bump Signs, Divide an undivided Street and Post/Change the Speed Limit to 25mph in a 22lot long street segment that is being used as a "cut-through" to avoid traffic lights?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Yes, there is a way to do this and it is going to require some work on your part to get some evidence that this is a safety hazard. This means you need to set up video to show the speeding vehicles and the volume on the street. You then need to bring that information and get onto the agenda at the next city council meeting, which you do by writing or speaking to the clerk of the council and asking for the issue to be placed on the next public meeting agenda. Before the meeting, you need to send a written explanation of the problem to each city council member and you need to tell them you have video to demonstrate the problem. You can get a time lapse video made and you can actually buy cheap time lapse cameras that wirelessly record to your computer to do so.

The council needs to see the proof though before they will agree to put up some traffic enforcement on the street to make it safer.

Related Real Estate Law Questions