Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

I do not think that I am relaying my question very well, I

Customer Question

I do not think that I am relaying my question very well, I need to clarify. According to my mom's will, the estate includes all personal property. Nothing was said in the will specifically about the house. I spent an entire year managing the family assets
and getting this house prepared for sale. Apparently in legal language, the house is different from personal property? But we did not "need" to redeem the money from the house in order to pay bills and resolve everything so the clerk is telling me that I cannot
be paid on the proceeds of the house. That the 5% for my fee is only accounted for from the personal property which excludes the house. But the will says "I bequeath and devise all of the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate as follows: 1/4 to my daughter,
Skylla Patterson Moon etc 1/4 to each of the heirs. Nothing is said about the house per se, it is a will with typical legal language pertaining to her will, specifying me as Executrix if dad predeceased her which he did. I do not think that they are correct
when they say "this is all the law will allow, 5% of just the personal property excluding the house" . Please advise. Thank you Ray.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome back.If you can give me bit I will respond.I am in an airplane will be back online in about 90 minutes or so.Thanks for your patience.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

See my other post to you I responded there, let me know if you have more, thanks for your patience.