Richard, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.
17027240

My son Jonathan Appell has passed away. How can I become s

Customer Question

my son Jonathan Appell has passed away. How can I become his account administrator?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Can you provide me a bit more information? Did your son have a will? In what state did he reside at his death? Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no he was only 21. he died in an accident. I just want to be administraror of his Facebook account. he lived in north carolina.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your quick reply. First, let me tell you how sorry I am for the loss of your son. I can only imagine what a difficult period this is for you. I will keep you and your family in my prayers!!!

I'm presuming at his age that his assets were minimal, so Facebook should allow you access to his Facebook account by being presented with a Small Estate Affidavit. You can download this form from the following link: http://nccourts.org/Forms/Documents/1309.pdf . If Facebook won't accept this, you would need to file a petition with the probate court in the county in NC in which he resided at his death to be appointed the administrator of his estate. The court will issue you official documentation evidencing that appointment. You would then give Facebook a copy of that evidencing your authority to act on behalf of your son's estate.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!